SOTENI Village of Hope (SVH)-Mbakalo Dispensary Clinical Officer
SOTENI Kenya (SK)is a local based Non-Governmental Organization working in collaboration with a Community-Based Organization, SVH-Mbakalo and is looking to recruit a Clinical Officer to be based in Mbakalo, Bungoma County.
- Ensure high standards and quality of clinical care are provided to all patients.
- Diagnose and institute effective clinical procedures which are consistent with national guidelines, and observe legal and statutory requirements in all situations
- Adhere to the clinical SOPs and participate in the implementation of quality control and quality assurance activities with support staff
- Treat all clients with sensitivity, respect, and consideration. If complaints are raised, be able to effectively manage and resolve them and to promptly refer to the supervisor[s] if the client complaint continues or is of a serious magnitude
- Provide accurate information and education to clients, their families, and community where required, to enable clients to make informed decision about their health
- At least a diploma in clinical medicine and surgery from any recognized institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position in a public/private facility.
- Registered by Kenya Clinical Officers Association/ Clinical Council of Kenya
- Team player with positive attitude, flexibility to work as needed, high regard of confidentiality, commitment to excellent client care and the delivery of client-focused services
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical and staff and the public
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. self-starter with ability to work and deliver result with minimum supervision
- Computer literate
- Proficiency in Luhya Language is an added advantage.
- Ability to work as a team player
Qualified candidates are invited to submit an application including cover letter, curriculum vitae not exceeding three (3) pages highlighting relevant experience, day time phone number, email address and names of three (3) professional referees.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com by 5.00 pm time on or before 7th March, 2018.